Holistic mentorship for humanitarian, human rights, development & international non-profit professionals
Liz runs a holistic mentorship programme for development, humanitarian, human rights, protection and international not-for-profit professionals.
If you would like to explore your professional and personal future in a confidential manner with a seasoned mentor Liz can help you. Liz is a soundboard, observer and commentator who help you find direction, purpose and create a proper self-care plan. Liz will guide you to create a vision for your future and get clear about what you want out of life and the steps you need to take to get there.
Liz has been a mentor for 20 years in the non-profit and intergovernmental sectors as a professor, advisor, advocate, teacher and independent mentor. She has a particular specialisation in humanitarian and human rights practice in conflict and post-conflict situations. Liz has lived and worked in Afghanistan, Bosnia, Kosovo, South Africa, Uganda, Costa Rica, Panama and India and taught and mentored thousands of individuals around the globe.
Liz is a Fellow, Human Rights Centre, University of Essex, UK and Honorary Professor, Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, South Africa. She has consulted and worked for NGOs, IGOs and academic institutions. She now focuses on supporting and guiding her mentees and running “Real R & R” retreats around the globe!
Liz is passionate about advocating to ensure that not-for-profit professionals are cared for properly by their organisations. Liz has written about this: http://www.icnl.org/research/journal/vol15iss2/art_2.html She was also involved in a major study which identified how managers can better prevent, protect and mitigate vicarious trauma experienced by staff: http://eyewitnessmediahub.com/research/vicarious-trauma
My Clients Say….
“By far the best, most focused, conversation about my career and life that I have had in years. Liz does not let you ramble on self-indulgently, but offers brilliant clear advice. I cannot recommend Liz highly enough.”
Lejla, Mid career, humanitarian professional, Middle East
“After 10 years in the field, mainly in conflicts, I really thought there was nothing else I could do. Yet I knew I was burnt out and needed a change. Liz helped me realise that I have so many other options, so many transferable skills and a life to live! I thoroughly recommend her.”
Joseph, mid career UN professional, Africa
“Prof. Liz is my inspiration. She has brought a lot of wonderful change in me. She has mentored me to become what I am now.”
Sanjay, early career humanitarian professional, Asia
Get in touch to book a confidential session
- "Prof. Liz is my inspiration. She has brought a lot of wonderful change in me. She has mentored me to become what I am now."
- "Prof. Liz is a mentor, role model, and moreover an extraordinary human being!"
- "After 10 years on the field, mainly in conflict I really thought there was nothing else I could do. Yet I knew I was burnt out and needed a change. Liz helped me realise I have so many other options and a life to live. She is a fantastic mentor" Jose
- "Liz helped me through the most challenging period of my career. Her unique ability to combine career and self care advice has helped me so much" Agata
- My mentorship course with Liz Griffin was by far the most helpful conversation I've had in years. Liz actually provides ideas and suggestions and doesn't let you ramble on for hours self indulgently. I cannot recommend her enough.Sarah P
- "Liz Griffin has a sparkle that exudes from an authentic place of ease and happiness deep within".